This feature is available for customers on the Enterprise plan only. Take advantage of Enterprise features to unlock new value and opportunities for users. For more information and if you want to request a Demo, please contact us by mail: [email protected].
QuickBlox TnS helps you moderate chat messages in real-time. Whenever a user sends a message to the dialog, the functionality blocks potentially offensive messages from being delivered to the recipient or masks profanity or sensitive information such as social security numbers, addresses, names, and phone numbers, which helps prevent the loss of sensitive data.
TnS settings are not mixed up between multiple apps in one account. You can configure different TnS settings for each app.
A rule defines moderation criteria based on the words or regexp that should be filtered. To create a moderation rule follow the steps below:
- Go to the Dashboard => YOUR_APP => Chat => TnS section. Click the Add message rule button.
- Enter the name of the rule into the Name field.
- Move to the Mask field and enter the symbols to be used instead of the inappropriate word. You can leave it empty if you don't want to use the mask.
- Move to the Score field and enter a rule score indicating how bad a word is. Set a value from 0 to 1000 for this field. See how to calculate a message score here.
- Use either a RegExp field or Find dictionary to save inappropriate words or expressions.
- The RegExp option allows to enter a regular expression, which is a sequence of characters that define a search pattern; used mainly for pattern matching with strings.
- The Find dictionary option allows to upload a file with words that should be filtered. If you want to upload a dictionary file, use the .txt file. The cognates order in the dictionary should be from the longest to the shortest. See the screenshot below:
- Click the Save rule button.
The last created rule has the highest priority either it was created with the dictionary or RegExp value.
A score group defines blocking behavior based on the score provided and works in conjunction with the message score. See how to calculate a message score here. To add a score group, proceed as follows:
- Go to the Dashboard => YOUR_APP => Chat => TnS section. Click the Add score group button.
- Enter the name of the score group into the Name field.
- Set a score value into the Score field. Enter the value from 1 to 100 000 for this field.
The message is blocked by the TnS system if the message score is more than or equals the group score.
If the message score is less than the score group, the words or RegExp are masked by the TnS system. This is the case if the mask was set.
- Click the Save rule button.
A Block option enables the score group. This means that blocking functionality is up and running. Thus, if a message is blocked, it isn't delivered to the recipient.
The score group with the lowest score value has the highest priority.
A message score is a score assigned to a message based on the rule score. If there are several inappropriate words in the message, a total score of all words is calculated.
An inappropriate word is repeated 3 times in a single message. According to the message rule, this word is given 2 scores. However, since it is repeated 3 times, the total message score equals 6.
There are 2 inappropriate words in a single message. However, these two words come from different rules. One word is assigned 3 scores and another word is assigned 2 scores according to different rules. Thus, the total message score equals 5.
Once you've set a message rule and score group, let's check how message blocking/masking functionality works:
- Send a message with an inappropriate word which score is less than the value set in the score group.
- Go to the Chat tab and click the view button in the History column for the required dialog. You can see the Messages History pop-up showing that the message is masked and is received by the recipient.
Send a message with an inappropriate word which score is more than or equals the value set in the score group.
Go to the Chat tab and click the view in the History column for the required dialog. You can see the Messages History pop-up showing that the message is displayed with the blocked_by=<array_of_rules_ids> custom parameter and is not delivered to the recipient.
You can ban a user account so the user can no longer connect to the chat. If a banned user tries to connect to chat, the system returns an error saying: “You are banned. Please contact your app customer support.”
- Go to the Dashboard => YOUR_APP => Chat => Bans tab. Click the Add ban button.
- Enter the user ID that is going to be banned into the QB User ID field.
- Enter the ban expiration date into the Expires field.
- Click the New ban button.
Updated 11 months ago